On Saturday, March 30, Lake Oswego Hunt and the Hope Community Church are sponsoring a family egg hunt, “Hop at the Hunt,” beginning at 11:00 a.m. at the Club at 2725 Iron Mountain Boulevard in Lake Oswego. Here are five reasons why the Easter Bunny thinks you should check it out.
- He plans on being there. (So do over 2,000 egg hunters based on the past three years’ attendance).
- There will be an Easter egg hunt in his honor out in the Polo Field. And because Easter egg hunts are a tradition with him, he likes the fact the Hunt is providing an egg recycle station—it saves him from having to go out and buy hundreds of new plastic eggs next year.
- He is always humbled by the chocolate likenesses created of him every Easter but the giant chocolate bunny that will be awarded to the winning participant is quite a masterpiece. He wouldn’t mind winning it himself! (Register at the entrance for a chance to go home with this prize).
- He has seen more than his fair share of egg hunts, in settings from the White House to the beach in Ocean City, New Jersey, but this one is impressive. The Lake Oswego Hunt is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places as it was home to the first wooden open truss arena in the Northwest which is still one of the largest. Barn tours will be offered so you can soak up some of that history and get a glimpse at the horses boarded there.
- The Easter Bunny is not a one-man-show at this affair. He is sharing top billing with Otis the Pony. There will also be pony rides and the Lake Oswego Fire Truck and police cruiser will be on hand for kids to check out.
For more information, call 503.636.0674.
Be sure to sign up for weekly updates to 52 Reasons to Love Lake Oswego by clicking the “Sign me up” button in the top right hand column.
Photo Credit: taken by nongpimmy at freedigitalphotos.net