As I’ve mentioned before, Lake Oswego has a long list of attributes that attract people looking to buy a home. But in my 25 plus years experience as a Realtor in Lake Oswego, I’d have to say that our top-notch school district is one of our community’s strongest playing cards.
Thing is, it’s not just something those of us who live here realize. Take a look at the national recognition the Lake Oswego School District has received over the years.
- StartClass, an education research website, recognized the Lake Oswego School District as the #1 School District in the Nation.
- ZipRealty identified the Lake Oswego School District as the third best school district in the country with the most affordable homes.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Lake Oswego High School and Lakeridge High School as the fourth and fifth best high schools in the state. On a national scale that included more than 21,500 public high schools, Lake Oswego came in at 635 and Lakeridge at 722.
- GreatSchools.org, a parent resource site, gave Lakeridge High School its highest rating of 10 based on standardized test scores, with Lake Oswego High School receiving an 8. Online reviews include
- “Lakeridge offers the best of all words – academics, community, student, teachers and family.” – Lakeridge parent
- “I feel so lucky to be in this school with these wonderful teachers and such an advanced curriculum.” – Lakeridge student
- “This school has provided an exemplary experience, one I will never forget. The academic, as well as athletic, programs are better than any other school I have ever gone to, and I have gone to many. No other school can compare.” Lake Oswego High School student
- LO is “a place where kids can open up to their teachers and parents and have the best support possible to succeed.” – Lake Oswego High School parent
- When Forbes ranked our nation’s cities in terms of which give you the most educational bang for your buck, Lake Oswego ranked #5.
So there you have it. I’m not just some crazy Realtor trying to make a sales pitch—the Lake Oswego School District is among the best in the nation on many levels. If you’d like to live here and reap those benefits, give me a call at 503.939.9801 or check out my website. I’d love to show you around.