The second Lake Oswego Wine Walk is set for Saturday, September 20 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. You don’t want to miss it and you could, if you don’t act fast. Here’s why.
1. They sold out last year. The first 400 tickets sold out before the event and organizers were able to add 50 more which were bought up in a day. This year they have 500 spots at $35 each. You can buy tickets online at the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce website and check-in locations the day of the event will be assigned to you or you can buy them in person at World Class Wines at 269 A Avenue or Accessories from the Heart at 220 A Avenue #100 and select the check-in location you want. (Check-in locations are the Lakewood Center for the Arts, Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce, and the Oregon Wine Reserve).
2. People loved the first one. The word is out that this event is worth attending so tickets will move even faster. Organizer Susan Olson with World Class Wines says, “People loved it and the businesses loved it. Even long-time owners like Paul Graham and Richard Bloom said they had never in all their years seen so many people in the streets.” Make sure you’re one of them.
3. There’s an opportunity to sample wines from all over. Olson explains that wines will be available from all around the world and will include a selection from all price points and styles—reds, whites, bubbly and rosé. Each ticket is good for eight tastes at participating downtown Lake Oswego shops so wise wine walkers plot their tastings according to the map that comes with registration which shows which businesses are featuring which wines.
4. Food is included. New Seasons Market is catering the event and will have 200 bites of goodies available at each of the 30 tasting locations along with a cheese plate.
5. Art and music round out the event. Local artists will be either displaying their work and/or creating it on location and live music will be available at some of the tasting locations, including the Lakewood Center for the Arts and Step It Up Studios.
Photo credit: Jason Dodson
Be sure to sign up to receive “52 Reasons to Love Lake Oswego” updates when they come out! Just click the “Sign me up button in the top right hand column.