The 2015 NW Natural Street of Dreams opens its doors in Lake Oswego for the third time in its 40th history this Saturday, August 1, and will run through August 30 from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at The Highlands, located near the corner of Knaus Road and Goodall. Tickets are $17. Here are 5 things you should know to make sure you have a good time.
1. There will be nine homes to tour this year, including a remodel, which is a first for the Street of Dreams.
2. You’ll notice a trend of floor-to-ceiling windows to capitalize on the views of Mt. Hood and the Willamette Valley.
3. Depending on what your dream home looks like, you won’t want to miss the Pooja/Meditation Room in the Serenity house, the full secondary suite for multi-generational living on the first floor of the Sandhill Crane, a morning room with fireplace off the kitchen in the Highland Couture as well as several outdoor entertainment centers, theater room and a couple mid-century modern homes. Check out all the homes on the website.
4. Parking is offsite so plan ahead. During the week, you can catch the 5-7 minute shuttle ride from 2500 Country Club Road, and on Saturdays and Sundays, parking is located at 4000 Kruse Way Place. A trolley will also shuttle folks from 2nd and A Avenue in downtown Lake Oswego to the NW Natural Street of Dreams on weekends.
5. Plan your visit to time with some of the other events scheduled during the show:
August 11 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Style at the Street—fashion show, boutiques, gourmet treats, wine tasting.
August 17 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Dream for Doernbecker benefit – summer buffet at $50/person
August 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. – free admission for all current and former military members plus three of their family members
Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Come for wine and live music
Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Attend the Chef Series and get barbecue tips from professional chefs along with samples and wine tasting
If you’d like some help finding your dream home in Lake Oswego, give me a call at 503.939.9801. I’d love to show you around.