Are you one of the 36 million Americans practicing yoga? Or one of the 80 million who plan to try it for the first time in the next year? If so, Lake Oswego has got a variety of places where you can do your Downward Dog. Check them out.
LAKE OSWEGO PARKS AND RECREATION. The city offers classes for all age groups in a wide variety of formats. Check the catalog for more information. Offerings include:
- Yoga for Kids, ages 6-8 and 8-12. Classes focus on basic poses and breathing techniques designed to strengthen children’s bodies and calm their minds. New set of classes at Christ Church Parish, 1060 Chandler Rd., start up the week of October 15.
- Night Night Yoga for ages 18+. Wind down your day with this combination of restorative yin yoga, yoga nidra and slow-flow vinyasa. Evening classes from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. start up again at the Adult Community Center, 505 G Avenue, on November 1.
- Gentle Yoga for ages 18+. Designed to improve your strength and flexibility for both beginning and continuing students. Tuesday and Thursday morning classes begin week of November 6 at the Adult Community Center.
- Gentle Chair Yoga features poses performed in a sitting position in a chair and using the chair for balance. No mat work is required. New Tuesday classes begin at the Adult Community Center on November 6.
- Drop-In Yoga. Want flexibility in your schedule as well as your tendons? Purchase class passes in 1, 5, 10 and 15 increments. Yoga I is offered Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. and Yoga 1 and 2 on Monday evenings at the same time at the Adult Community Center.
IMAGINE YOGA STUDIO. Take advantage of their 30 day unlimited yoga pass for $40 for new members to see what you like. A full selection of classes are offered including Alignment Flow, Calm Movement and Meditation, Power Flow, Rhythm and Flow, as well as Girls Yoga for ages 10-15 and Imagination Yoga for kids in K-4th grade. Drop-in rates are available as well as different monthly membership plans. 425 2nd Street, 503.908.7845.
TWIST YOGA. The new student special here offers 30 days of unlimited classes plus a free month of online classes for $49. Offerings are wide-based covering mindfulness, strength, cardio and relaxation and include Flow, Power, Slow Flow, Yin/Restorative and even hot yoga to get your sweat on. 3970 SW Mercantile Drive, Suite 100. 503.303.4195.
Whether it’s yoga, wine tasting, gluten-free dining or pizza joints–if it’s in Lake Oswego, you’ll read about it here so click the “Sign me up” button in the top right hand column to subscribe.