- All things pumpkin. How do you like your pumpkin? In ice cream? Then check out Salt & Straw’s Mummy ‘s Pumpkin Spiced Potion laced with caramel. In your muffin? Head over to Kyra’s Bake Shop where the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins will be appearing all month as well as the pumpkin spice cheesecake cupcake. And it doesn’t stop there. You can find pumpkin croissants at La Provence, and some form of pumpkin cookie at the new kid in town, Cookie Crumble. And if you’re not sure what you’re in the mood for, stop by Too Sweet Cakes for an assortment of pumpkin offerings including pumpkin spice bread, pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie spice croissant doughnut.
- Stickmen Brewing Company’s Beer Pairing Dinner. Autumn’s bounty will be on display during this fun socially-distanced event. Five courses will each be paired with a Stickmen beer selected to compliment the flavors. Things start off with light appetizers and beer samples and proceed through a sweet potato corn bisque, smoked Brie fondue, Lamb lollipops, smoked salmon cakes and finish off with smoked pumpkin crème brulee. See if there is still a spot open for Tuesday, October 27 at 6:30 p.m. $50/person.
- Autumn décor. Visit one of our local boutiques and find yourself feeling all warm and cozy while sniffing pumpkin candles at City Home PDX, selecting a knitted pumpkin or comfy Sherpa jacket at The Grove or picking out table accents at Wishbone Home and Design.
- Fall colors. The nights are dipping into the 30s and 40s which is sending Mother Nature into overdrive, replacing the green leaves on our deciduous trees with a brilliant array of autumn colors. Read one of my earlier blogs highlighting some of the places in and around Lake Oswego where you can catch this beautiful display.
- Brisk mornings. If you’ve read my blog for long, you know summer is my favorite season. But I’d have to say fall comes in a high second place here in Lake Oswego, for many of the reasons mentioned above but also because it not only LOOKS like a different season but it FEELS like one too. The sun is softer. And the mornings are brisker, like a fall morning should be. Granted, it requires a little more bundling up to get those walks in, as well as a little more “gearing up” mentally, but once I’ve out there, my senses feel like they are getting a shot of adrenaline as they are flooded with the sights and the sensations of autumn. Not a bad way to start your day!
I love living in Lake Oswego and I know you would too. If you’re considering moving to Lake Oswego, please give me a call at 503.939.9801 and/or check out my website. I’ve been helping families make Lake Oswego their home for over 30 years and I’d love to do the same for you!