- A new bakery. We all have our favorites when it comes to satisfying our sweet tooth, but often we tend to seek out what’s closest to us. I’d like to recommend a fairly new bakery in town that’s in my neck of the woods and is tucked away off the main drag, so you may not know about it. Too Sweet Cakes added Lake Oswego to its lineup last year although you may have also seen their exquisitely decorated cakes in Zupan’s Market in Lake Grove. Be sure to leave your willpower at the door as the display case will dazzle you with a selection of cookies, pastries and cakes, many of which are also available in gluten-free and vegan options. Check out their Instagram feed—it’s as beautiful as their offerings are delicious. 5755 Willow Lane, Suite B, 503.305.8381.
- A new restaurant. Here again, we have our favorites or we stick to the ones on the main drag. Venture out a bit and consider neighborhood spots like Aji Tram owned by two local Lake Oswego boys who returned to their roots after graduating from Oregon State and U of O. They brought with them their love of Asian cuisine to which they’ve added their own exciting culinary twist. 4477 SW Lakeview Blvd., 503.342.6249.
- A new park. Watch for a soft opening of Iron Mountain Park at 2401 Iron Mountain Road. Crews have been at work all fall and winter long to transform this 51-acre natural area into a park complete with nature play area, pathways and a bridge leading to the new trailhead to the Iron Mountain Park Trail. A more formal grand opening will take place in the spring. This is a great excuse to explore the Iron Mountain Park Trail. It’s quite a hike but if you continue up to the viewing platform, the reward is pretty spectacular!
- A new book. We have the good fortune of having an artist in residence living with us right now, my daughter Riley, a women’s fiction author whose first book, Waiting at Hayden’s, was named a Best Beach Reads of 2019 by Shereads.com. Her Christmas gift to me was a draft of her next book, One Perfect Weekend which I have started and am already hooked. While One Perfect Weekend is not available for purchase yet, Waiting at Hayden’s is, so check it out and support a local homegrown author.
- A new class. The Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation Department is offering new outdoor recreation opportunities with workshops on birding (both beginner and advanced classes) beekeeping, and how to make products from all that honey!
- A new business. My wife and daughter have opened a new Etsy shop featuring printable wall art, greeting cards and bookmarks. You can print their designs right from your home computer or send the file they send you upon purchase, to your local print shop. In this time of COVID, it’s a convenient option, especially for those last-minute occasions you forgot to buy a card for. Check them out at HeartspunPrintables.
If a new home is part of your 2021 plans, then be sure to give me a call at 503.939.9801 and/or check out my website. I’ve been a Lake Oswego Realtor for over 30 years helping people move in, out, and around Lake Oswego. I’d love to put that experience to work for you!