- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT in your neighborhood. The City of Lake Oswego encourages residents to participate in the spirit of National Night Out by organizing block parties to get to know your neighbors on Tuesday, August 2. Register online and/or by calling Bonnie Hirshberger at 503.675.3992.
- STORYWALK® in West Waluga Park. This innovative program enables kids and adults to enjoy reading and the outdoors at the same time. Pages of the book, Daniel Finds a Poem, will be displayed in order as you explore the park and follow Daniel along as he explores a park looking for poetry and discovering that poems are everywhere and in everyone. StoryWalk® will be on display throughout the month of August in West Waluga Park, 15775 Waluga Drive. For more information, call the library’s children’s desk: 503.697.6580.
- HOT AUGUST NIGHT returns this year with the Famous Players Band known for its high-energy performances featuring four lead singers and hits from a wide range of genres including Abba, Neil Diamond, Journey and LMFAO. Typically the concert takes place at the East end of the lake with boaters dropping anchor and making it one big party. August 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- MASQUE ALFRESCO presents Winnie the Pooh and Lao-Tsu Too, a musical mash-up of Winnie the Pooh books and Chinese Taoist folktales. These free family-friendly outdoor theatre productions take place in George Rogers Park Memorial Garden (next to the Iron Foundry) on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from August 5 through August 21 at 7:00 p.m.
- COLLECTOR CAR AND CLASSIC BOAT SHOW. The Oswego Heritage Council presents its annual two-for-one event where attendees can ooh and ahh over cars from bygone years at George Rogers Park and beautiful and rare classic boats docked up at Sundeleaf Plaza. August 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Lions Club will be serving up breakfast at George Rogers Park starting at 7:30 a.m. followed by lunch at 11:00 a.m.
- BURGERS IN THE BREEZEWAY. Zupan’s brings back its popular Burgers in the Breezeway every Thursday in August, gourmet toppings, french fries + weekly burger specials like PBJ and Bacon, Guacamole, Blue Cheese and Hatch Chile. Lunch is served from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and dinner from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m, 16380 Boones Ferry Rd.
August is also a great time to buy a home in Lake Oswego and I’m happy to help if you’re in the market. I’ve been a Realtor in Lake Oswego for over 30 years and would love to put my experience to work for you. Give me a call at 503.939.9801 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.