Absence makes the heart grow fonder. It’s not like the Lake Oswego Wine Walk needed a couple years of Covid-cancellations to make it any more popular than it already was, but given the two-year gap, ticket sales are going faster than in past years (and it sold out in 2019, the last wine walk). This year’s event is set for October 1 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What’s a good game plan?
- Buy your tickets early. Follow this link and make sure you’re in for this year’s popular event. Tickets are $50/person through August 30; $60/ person after and entitle you to twelve one-ounce pours. By signing up early, you’ll be sure to receive email confirmation once the wine list has been curated so you can start strategizing your game day timeline.
- Get your friends to join you. This is a fun, social event, and the perfect excuse to meet up with friends. Things wrap up at 5:00 making it easy to finish the evening off with dinner at one of downtown Lake Oswego’s restaurants. If that sounds like a good idea, best to make reservations now as those spots on weekend nights fill up too.
- Check in early. Check-in runs from noon to 4:00 p.m. at the Windward in the common area, 130 A Avenue. When the event kicks off at 2:00 you want to be stationed at your first stop so it’s best to check in early. And in case you haven’t had time to identify what wines you want to taste where, this will give you the extra time you need. Put your favorites at the top of your list just in case supplies run out towards the end of the afternoon.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately. Past events have run the gamut from sunny and warm to wet and windy so be sure you’re prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store. And bring a tote bag to hold any purchases you may pick up along the way.
- Make sure to factor in some water stops along the way since as good as wine is, it does dehydrate you. You’ll thank yourself the next day for making sure you’re sipping water as well as wine on your walk.
- Be adventurous. This is the perfect excuse to try new things—from wines you may have never tasted to stores you have never visited. There will be up to 40 pouring locations, each featuring different wines as well as a range of food items. Wizer’s Wine is curating the wine list for most of the locations so your taste buds are in good hands.
- Take pictures. What better way to commemorate the event and also to remember the wines you really liked! That way next time you’re at the store, you can just open up your photo library and know what you want to purchase.
Don’t miss out on a reason to Love Lake Oswego. Click the “Sign me up” button in the top right-hand column and receive weekly updates to my blog. And if you’re in the market for a house where you can drink all that wine, give me a call at 503.939.9801 or email me at email@example.com. I’d love to help you discover your own reasons to love this town I’ve called home for over 30 years.