In getting ready for today’s big Super Bowl game, I did some reading up on the players. Since I’m a born-and-raised 49er fan, I’m not as up-to-speed on the talent we’ll be watching. I ran across this article about “18 things you may not have known about Patrick Mahomes,” and I thought, “Wow, we actually have a lot in common.”
See for yourself.
1. Patrick Mahomes is one of the most popular players currently in the NFL.
I was once again named one of the Top Agents in my company, joined this year by my daughter, Riley Costello, as part of the Costello Real Estate Group.
2. When Mahomes was growing up, his father nicknamed him “Showtime” because of his athletic skill.
After playing tour guide to my college friends in Hawaii one winter break, they nicknamed me “Duke” after Duke Kahanamoku, the Hawaiian Olympic champion and Ambassador of Aloha.
3. Before he was drafted to the NFL, Mahomes was selected in the MLB draft.
Before I became a Realtor, I had a successful career as a wholesale produce salesman in the San Francisco Bay Area.
4. As a kid, Mahomes obsessed over MLB player Alex Rodriguez.
As a kid, I obsessed over Jimmy Davenport, #12 for the San Francisco Giants and his teammate, Willie Mays.
5. Mahomes was robbed at gunpoint during his rookie season.
During one of my Realtor open houses in my rookie season, another Realtor stole some things from my client’s house. She was later apprehended and everything returned.
6. Although he chose football over baseball, Mahomes is still involved in the sport.
Although I chose real estate over the produce industry, I still eat fruits and vegetables.
7. Mahomes is married to his high school sweetheart.
I’m married to my college sweetheart.
8. Patrick Mahomes has an impressive sneaker collection.
My favorite shoes as a kid were black low-top Converse. Today I don’t wear socks when I’m wearing dress shoes.
9. Mahomes is the first Kansas City Chiefs player to appear on the cover of “Madden.”
I appeared on the front cover of the Lake Oswego Review when I was honored as the Community Leader of the Year in 1995.
10. The superstar quarterback is slightly obsessed with ketchup.
Much to my family’s dismay, I’m slightly obsessed with mayonnaise.
Since the 49ers aren’t in it, may the best team win!
And if you’re looking for the best team to help you navigate your home buying or selling journey, give me a call at 503.939.9801, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or check out my website. Working with the right agent can be a real game changer in today’s housing market.