There is no reason for kids to be bored in Lake Oswego this summer. Thanks to resources like the Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation Department, Lakewood Center for the Arts, and the Play Boutique, they can become better athletes, more polished actors, inspired artists and chefs, and skilled adventurers.
If you haven’t had a chance to check these offerings out, let me give you a few of the highlights so you can get a taste of what’s in store for your kids’ “best summer ever!”
LAKEWOOD CENTER FOR THE ARTS will keep your resident thespians inspired with programs like the six one week Kids Create-Summer Stars sessions for ages 4 through 7 beginning July 11 and running through August 19 giving kids a chance to create their own show. Teens with theatrical aspirations can hone their craft in a Pre-Professional Musical Theatre Training Showcase for ages 14 through 19 that runs July 18-29. Auditions are required. And adults–there are offerings for you too from Playing With Shakespeare (July 11-August 29) to Acting for Non-Actors (July 14-September 1). See the full schedule.
LAKE OSWEGO PARKS AND RECREATION. See the full schedule here.
- KINDERCAMPS for ages 4 to 6 begin June 27 and run from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. through August 19 with songs, games, stories, crafts and activities centered around themes like “Jurassic Journey” and “Secret Life of Pets.”
- ART CAMPS for ages 5 to 15 include a focus on Creative Writing (for ages 10-15 the week of July 5) and Environmental Art (for ages 10-15 the week of August 8).
- DANCE AND MUSIC CAMPS for 5 to 15 year olds promise to get the good vibrations going with offerings that feature Hip Hop, Dance and Cheer, Drumming Madness and Glee Week.
- MAD SCIENCE for kids 5 to 12 should appeal to the “how do things work” thinker in the family who’d like to build robots in Radical Robotics, invent the next best thing in Creative Contraptions! The Inventor’s Camp, or figure out 101 things to build with LEGOs® in any of three different LEGO® camps.
- TECH CAMPS for ages 6 to 17 feature two new themes: Music Video 101 and Movie Making 102 as well as returning favorites like Web Design and Video Game Design.
- LAKE OSWEGO EXPLORERS for 7 to 12 year olds feature weekly themed camps that include two field trips and activities. Before and after care are available as well. All new themes include Minion Mayhem and May the Force Be With You with field trips to locations such as The Enchanted Forest, Pump It Up, OMSI and Ultrazone.
- TEEN SERVICE CORPS provides volunteer opportunities for teenagers 13 to 17 years old. The three day commitment includes two days of service and one day of adventure. Teens can interact with seniors at the Cedar Sinai Park’s Robison Health Center followed by a day of zip lining, paintball and ropes course activities at Camp Dakota or help out at Luscher Farms before spending a day at Oaks Park.
- LUSHER FARM provides the perfect venue for themed camps like Food Around the World for ages 5-12 the weeks of July 11 and August 8; Tractors, Trucks, and Trailers for ages 4-8 July 5-8, and Gardening and Fiber Arts for ages 7-12 from June 27 through July 1.
- OUTDOOR CAMPS for 4 to 17 year olds are both on land and in the water with Survivor Camps for all ages as well as paddle and rowing camps.
- SPORTS CAMPS for ages 7 to 14 get your kid ready for action whether it be tennis, lacrosse, fencing or golf.
- SKYHAWKS SPORTS CAMPS for ages 31/2 to 12 cover all the basics including soccer, basketball, baseball, flag football and boys’ lacrosse. Register online through Skyhawks.
LAKE OSWEGO PLAY BOUTIQUE. One week camps are scheduled throughout the summer beginning May 27 through September 2 for kids, ages 1-8+ around themes such as Pizzeria School, Princess Power and Secret Agent Spy Lab. Half and full day options are available as well as sibling discounts. Register.
Summer is one of the busiest homebuying seasons. If that’s on your summer “To Do” list, give me a call at 503.939.9801. I’d love to put my 25+ years experience to work for you!