As if reading wasn’t its own reward, the Lake Oswego Library has added more incentives to turn the pages during the lazy days of summer. No matter what age you are, from pre-readers to seniors, the more you read, the more chances you get to enjoy everything from new books to blazer tickets to an Oregon Coast getaway.
Here are the details: (programs start June 1)
PRE-READERS AND KIDS CLUB
Log in 250 minutes of reading to your little one (for pre-readers) or clock in 500 minutes (for kids) and receive a new book from Friends of the Library plus tickets to: Blazers, Thorns, Oregon State Fair, Family Fun Center; as well as coupons for Oaks Park, Benihana, Booktique and Lakeshore Learning. You’ll also be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a bicycle accessory package from the Bike Gallery.
TEENS ENTERING GRADES 7-12
Teens get a free book just for signing up and then the incentives begin.
- For every two hours of reading, you’ll be entered in a drawing for a $20 gift card to Bridgeport Village. Go one step further and write a book review and you could win four Blazer tickets.
- Read one book and enjoy a free UU Yogurt and Benihana appetizer
- Two books will get you Oaks Park admission for $6.50 on specified dates
- Three books comes with a free Trailblazer ticket and Thorn ticket (specified dates)
- Four books and you get a free game of mini- golf at the Family Fun Center and a ticket to the Oregon State Fair
The more you read, the better your odds of winning in random weekly drawings with edible or bookish prizes along with a chance to win the grand prize which historically has been a beach getaway
Here are some of my recommendations:
- Thrillers by Harlan Coben, including his latest, Fool Me Once
- The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
- One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
- Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
If you have any summer reads recommendations, pass them along here. Thanks! And be sure to read my blog this summer by subscribing. Click the “Sign me up” button in the top right hand column.