- The music?
- The setting?
- The ambiance?
- The sight of hundreds of people rocking out on their boats, paddleboards, and kayaks?
- The party atmosphere that feels like you’ve been transported back to college?
Chances are it is all of the above. This year’s concert on the lake is set for this Saturday, August 6. Here’s what you need to know to make the night a success.
- Buoy lines open at 5:00 p.m. at the entrance to Half MOon Bay at the east end of the main lake.
- Finger docks hook up to a central dock, allowing people to exit their boats, visit other boaters and hit the dance floor. Additional finger docks are being added this year to accommodate the growing attendance.
- There will be about 125 spots for boats to tie up on three buoy lines so party-goers are advised to “buddy boat” if possible.
- Boaters are advised to bring an anchor and at least 20 feet of line to secure your boat if you’re not able to tie off on the buoy lines.
- Music starts at 6:30 p.m.on the stage at Pat and Pam Kearney’s home. A DJ will entertain you from 5:00 p.m. until then.
- The Beatniks return for this year’s performance. Playing tunes that are instantly familiar from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, they get the crowd rocking (and dancing too on a floating dance floor).
- BYOS (Bring Your Own Stuff). It can be a long night, so be sure you don’t leave home without being well stocked with food and drink to enjoy and share.
- BYOT (Bring your own transportation) You’ll need a paddle board, canoe or kayak to get to the port-a-potty if you aren’t tied up to one of the docks.
Want to get in on the fun? Give me a call and I can help you find a home in Lake Oswego so you can start living and enjoying the lake lifestyle. Reach me at 503.939.9801 or check my website.