The Oswego Heritage Council invites you to take a drive down memory lane next Sunday, August 28, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with its 17th annual Collector Car and Classic Boat Show. While Porsches are this year’s featured car, there will be over 200 automobiles to ooh and aah over and more than 40 classic boats.
Here are a few details to help you map your route for the weekend.
- Enjoy the pre-show festivities by greeting the arrival of the only operating World War II-era PT boat on Saturday, August 27 at the Foothills Park dock at 10:00 a.m.
- Watch the classic boats take a spin around Lakewood Bay before docking in front of Sundeleaf Plaza at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 27.
- Plan to visit three different venues on Sunday to take in the whole show: cars at George Rogers Park, 611 S. State Street; boats at Sundeleaf Plaza, 120 S. State Street; and the working PT boat at Foothills Park, 199 Foothills Rd.
- Treat yourself to breakfast or lunch provided by the Lake Oswego Lions Club at George Rogers Park on Sunday.
- Check out the Esther Williams inspired performance by the Polka Dot Express at the waterski show on Sunday, August 28 in Lakewood Bay at 1:00 p.m.
- Admission is free; however, the show may cost you. Chances are you’ll go home and decide you need to invest in a little detailing on whatever vehicle you’ve got parked in your garage.