Lake Oswego’s “Hot August Night” is bringing back last year’s popular band, The Hit Machine, for this year’s annual party on the lake set for Saturday, August 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
There’s a reason why The Hit Machine is coming back. They play popular songs that get everybody on the dance floor (and yes, there is a floating dance floor at this party). Their playlist draws from a variety of genres (disco/funk, jazz/swing, classic rock) and time periods going back to the 50s all the way up to today. Their energy is infectious—it’s impossible to listen to them and not move—so yes, get your sea legs on because you’ll want to be moving!
This year there will be three rows of 100’ dock on each side of the main dock to accommodate the ever-growing lineup of boaters who want to join in the fun. Last year around 150 boats were able to tie-up. There will not be any rope tie-offs this year.
Here’s what else you need to know to get the most out of Lake Oswego’s Hot August Night:
- Buoy lines open at 5:30 p.m. at the entrance to Half Moon Bay at the east end of the main lake.
- Finger docks hook up to a central dock, allowing people to exit their boats, visit other boaters and hit the dance floor.
- Boaters are advised to bring an anchor and at least 20 feet of line to secure your boat if you’re not able to tie off on the buoy lines.
- Music starts at 6:30 p.m. on the stage at Pat and Pam Kearney’s home. A DJ will entertain you until then.
- BYOS (Bring Your Own Stuff). It can be a long night, so be sure you don’t leave home without being well stocked with food and drink to enjoy and share. Boat hopping is a thing and you don’t want to show up empty-handed.
- BYOT (Bring your own transportation) There will be porta-potties located at the end of the central dock so boaters that are tied in can walk to them, but a paddle board, canoe or kayak will be necessary if you’re anchored nearby.
- Have a designated driver to ensure the safety of your guests as well as others.
Want to get in on the fun? Give me a call and I can help you find a home in Lake Oswego so you can start living and enjoying the lake lifestyle. Reach me at 503.939.9801 or check my website.
Hey Kevin, it’s also the evening of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Expect to see hundreds of meteors at some point in the evening. Lisa
Thanks for the heads-up!