Lake Oswego’s annual Wine Walk is so popular that it frequently sells out.
That tells you two things:
- it must be a good time
- if you plan on going, you need to plan ahead.
So I’ve put together a game plan to ensure that you get the most enjoyment out of this year’s event.
- Buy your tickets early. Last year this event has sold out and there is no guarantee for day-of tickets. There are 500 available and at the beginning of September, 200 had already been sold. So follow this link and make sure you’re in for this year’s popular event. Tickets are $40/person and can also be purchased at the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce, 459 Third Street, 503.636.3634. And by signing up early, you’ll be sure to receive email confirmation once the wine list has been curated so you can start strategizing your game day timeline.
- Get your friends to join you. This is a fun, social event, and the perfect excuse to meet up with friends. Things wrap up at 5:00 making it easy to finish the evening off with dinner at one of downtown Lake Oswego’s restaurants. If that sounds like a good idea, best to make reservations now as those spots on weekend nights fill up too.
- Check in early. Check-in starts at 12:00 noon the day of the event at the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce, 459 Third Street. When the event kicks off at 2:00 you want to be stationed at your first stop. And in case you haven’t had time to identify what wines you want to taste where, this will give you the extra time you need. Put your favorites at the top of your list just in case supplies run out towards the end of the afternoon.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately. Past events have run the gamut from sunny and warm to wet and windy so be sure you’re prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store. And bring a tote bag to hold any purchases you may pick up along the way.
- Make sure to factor in some water stops along the way since as good as wine is, it does dehydrate you. You’ll thank yourself the next day for making sure you’re sipping water as well as wine on your walk.
- Be adventurous. This is the perfect excuse to try new things—from wines you may have never tasted to stores you have never visited. There will be 30 pouring locations, each featuring two different wines as well as a range of food items. The menu is selected by the host and last year the choices ran from Chick-fil-A to gourmet catering. This year a few restaurants are host sites including Chuckie Pies and Five Spice so things are looking promising!
- Take pictures. What better way to commemorate the event and also to remember the wines you really liked! That way next time you’re at the store, you can just open up your photo library and know what you want to purchase.
Events such as Lake Oswego’s Wine Walk are just one reason to move to Lake Oswego. Subscribe to my blog to discover more. And once you decide to move here, or even if you just want to check Lake Oswego out as a place to live, give me a call at 503.939.9801 or email me so I can give you the grand tour! I’ve lived here over 30 years and have been a Realtor in Lake Oswego for just as long so would love to put my experience to work for you.