And they aren’t the only ones re-opening their doors to the public.
Gym members are signing up for limited capacity classes.
Salons are social distancing their customers.
Retail stores are open with notices posted of capacity limits and reminders to social distance.
Summer camps for kids, like those at Play Boutique, are opening up with limited capacity.
Being in Clackamas County, we are still in Phase 1 of re-opening, but all services that are opening their doors must follow these state guidelines.
The City of Lake Oswego is also opening up some of its programs and facilities. The following have been reopened:
- Athletic Fields for individual, family and small groups. Organized games are not allowed per state guidelines. Camps and clinic permitted with approved field reservations and OHA COVID-19 guidelines.
- Dog Parks
- Drinking fountains
- Golf Course
- Off leash dog area at Pilkington Park
- One restroom at these parks: George Rogers, Hazelia, Foothills, Millennium, Sundeleaf, East Waluga, West Waluga & Westlake
- These parking lots: Bryant Woods, East Waluga, Foothills, Freepons, George Rogers, Hazelia, Roehr, Rosemont/Brock, Stafford Trailhead, Tryon Cove, Westlake and West Waluga
- Quarry Bike Park
- Tennis Center with reduced hours and safety protocols in place
- Tennis Courts at South Shore and Westlake Park for singles play only
Some summer camps are still being offered following COVID-19 guidelines including no groups larger than 10, limited equipment sharing, promoting physical distancing, use of masks by staff and increased cleaning, hand washing and sanitizing. Register online and note that things can change. Camps that were still open at posting time include:
- Beginning to Rock Camp for ages 8-12 from August 10 to August 14 #21487
- Brixology Engineering for ages 7-12 from August 10 to August 14 #21410
- Broadway Dance for ages 6-10 from. July 6 to July 10 #21215
- Chemistry and Biology Blast for ages 7-12 from August 10 to August 14 #21409
- Fairy Tale Ballet for ages 2-3 from July 10 to August 7 #21222
- Fencing for ages 7-12 from July 6 to July 10 #20955
- Frozen 2 Sing and Play Camp for ages 4-8 from August 10 to August 14 #21488
- Guitar Hero for ages 8-12 from August 17 to August 21 #21018
- Introduction to 3D Handprinted 3D Creations for ages 5-7 from July 27 to July 31 #21262
- Jedi Master Engineering Using LEGO Materials for ages 8-12 from July 6 to July 10 #21258
- Lake Singers Choir Camps for ages 8-12 from June 15 to June 19 #21228
- Music Production Camp for ages 11-17 from August 3 to August 7 #21231
- Music Theater Bootcamp for ages 11-17 from July 20 to July 24 #21230
- Oil Painting for Teens for ages 11-17 from August 10 to August 14 #21250
- Pickleball Clinic for ages `18+ on July 30 #21316
- Summer Junior Golf Camp Girls Only for ages 6-13 from July 29 to July 31 #21052
- Teen Dance Intensive for ages 11-17 from July 27 to July 31 #21217
- Teen Junior Golf Camp for ages 12-17 from July 15 to July 17 #21053
- Gaming Academy for ages 10-17 from August 3 to August 6 #21270
- Tiny Tykes Soccer Camp: Cubs for ages 2-3 from July 20 to July 23 #21019
- Uke Can Do It for ages 8-12 from July to July 17 #21489
- Video Game Design and Development for ages 10-17 from July 6 to July 9 #21265
- Yoga for Kids for ages 5-11 from July 27 to July 31 #20953
- Yogalates in the Park for ages 18+ from July 1 to August 26 #21522
The Lake Oswego Library is still closed but staff are doing everything they can to stay connected and promote reading from taking their books clubs online to posting virtual musical performances for the kids and Thursday night Trivia sessions through Cisco Webex Meetings. And GOOD NEWS–they are now able to accept returned library items at either their automated return system or parking lot book drop at 706 Fourth Street. Remote book returns are still closed. AND you can borrow materials by placing a hold on the item you want and then making a curbside pickup appointment once it is available.
Other outdoor activities to check out include:
- Kayak, Canoe and Paddle Board rentals at George Rogers Park. You can make a reservation for either a half day or full day online and be assured that Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe, who manages the rentals, has stepped up their sanitization and safety protocols to ensure cleanliness between use. Renters are required to wear a mask when they pick up their equipment.
- Foot Golf League at Lake Oswego Municipal Golf Course for ages 10 and older will be offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. starting July 9 through August 8. Register online.
- Doubles Cornhole League at George Rogers Park for ages 18 and older will be offered from July8 through August 12. Register online.
- The Lake Oswego Swim Park at 250 Ridgeway Road is open to all Lake Oswego residents and is set to open on Friday, July 10 through August 30 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check the Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation site for COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- The Lake Grove Swim Park at 3800 Lakeview Boulevard has yet to update its plans for opening.
Stay tuned to my blog for the latest on COVID-19 and its impact on Lake Oswego as well as what’s happening, real estate updates and more. Subscribe by clicking the “Sign me up” button in the top right-hand column.